Friday, November 4, 2011

Off to a good start

Our first day on the road was smooth going.  We left just before 9:00 a.m.

Once we had been on the road an hour or so, I think Paddington got the idea that this traveling thing was going to last for awhile. She kept giving me the look of 'are we there yet?'




As we drove along I-91 and I-84, through Massachusetts and especially in Connecticut, the damage from last week's snow storm was very apparent. Trees were down all over and you could see where many of them had blocked at least one lane of the highway.


Luckily, we only ran into one traffic backup and it was, of course, due to crews clearing the highway of downed trees.



We had a short day planned today - a little less than 300 miles. We are stopped for the night at a Wal-Mart in Fishkill, NY.  Good parking spot, we even have a little pond to the right of us.  Great Verizon service here in the parking lot, not much traffic, nobody close by so we're running our generator. Life is good.



I plan our travels using Microsoft Streets & Trips (plus a Garmin GPS) as you can see here. Double coverage never hurts (well, most of the time...)


Tomorrow night we should be in either western PA or eastern OH, again parked courtesy of Wal-Mart. 

P.S. check out "my hobbies" tab for a sweet baby sweater I just finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment